Wednesday, November 17, 2010

Now Time for the Weather. Tiffany?

Today I decided to mix things up a bit. Instead of depending on Facebook to give me my daily news I ventured out of my element and actually read the real world news on MSN. Don't get me wrong, I can totally get by on what Pete had for breakfast or how much work sucks for Larry, (usually misspelled nearly beyond comprehension or written in some sort of new school chat/teeny/text speak that urban dictionary hasn't even heard of yet) but there are days when you just wonder what's going on beyond the wonderful circle you have going on on Facebook. ...or maybe I was just bored.

I don't watch Dancing with the Stars. It's not that I make a point not to, I just don't. I watched the first season, but really didn't see what all the fuss was about. I can't dance. These people probably shouldn't either. This season seems to be all about Bristol Palin (does her name sound like a over-the-counter pain medication to anyone else?). No one likes her, yet she remains. Normally there are overly passionate people on both sides of things like this, (*cough*Twilight*cough*) but in this case the only people who seems to be rooting for her is her mother and that weird dude who always thinks the underdog should come out on top...and he's waffling. So what do we do when we're overly unhappy about something? We make it political! I actually found myself doing the same thing the other day. I cut myself on a plastic wrap box while opening a loaf of bread (true story) and then instantly proclaimed it was Obama's fault because he doesn't like tea parties and I was just thinking about the tiny blue tea set that I have sitting on a shelf in the kitchen. Who says we can't blame the president for everything? Pssht. Ahem...but I digress. Anyway, people are convinced it has to do with politics and her mom. I think it's just cause she's hot. ;)

On a related note, mommy dearest is thinking of running for president in 2012. Dang good thing the world is set to end before she's sworn in. Shew....and you thought Bush was bad? I can not see a chick running the country who runs the risk of making a decision while having PMS. Maybe she's too old for PMS. Oh no! Hormones! Yeah, thanks guys who decided to end the world with a really old calendar. You rock! *fist bump*

So this Kate chick who is marrying prince William is everywhere. The good, the bad, the ugly....anything you ever wanted to know about the girl who wears enough carats to feed a small third world country is on the internet. I'm sure she thought she totally lucked out when he asked, but yo, personally there are a few skeletons in my closet no amount of begging by a prince could make me divulge. Keep your carats, I'll just have this cake and take a nap.

In other news I'm way excited that I was able to use the word digress! Next up, I'll remember touche somewhere. I do however, refuse to talk in text speak unless I'm under the impression that I may bleed to death or maybe when I'm having a particularly lazy day.

"Now time for the weather. Tiffany?"




No comments:

Post a Comment